Orlando, United States
7 months ago
A) Responsibilities- Network Service Manager
- Handle network based service requests, change requests, evaluation of proposed projects, incident reviews
- Monitor and respond to requests posted in Service Now iDemand and other portals Provide expert guidance and support to SOM NW AM team and colleagues in other organizations
- React in timely, accurate and clear manner
- Manage Network Service Providers- orders, discussions, clarifications, incidents, escalations, requests
- Manage project and process improvement actions and efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain and expand technical subject knowledge
- Provide functional advice to and integrate services of operational staff or semi-professional colleagues.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, present Internet access topic information sessions
- Interface with Partner Engagement team on customer requests and recommendation requests
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge in the internet, remote access topics
- Support SOM NW AM team in all advanced internet topic issues
- Collaborate with regional leads in in EMEA and DE, and with Global Topic Lead
B) Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten years in the IT networking functional area
- Must have minimum 3 to 5 years working with network provider(s) or within a corporate IT department.
- Knowledge in key network services: LAN, WLAN, Remote Inbound Access, Internet Outbound Access, DHCP, DNS, and others
- Must have experience in two or more areas: operations, engineering, design of corporate enterprise networks
- Must be able to travel to customer meetings, provider meetings, training, workshops. Domestic (4-6 per year), and international (1-2 per yr).
D) Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BE in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Industry network certifications are an added benefit (4 yrs)
- Experience in data center design (2 yrs)
- Experience in network and application performance analysis (2 yrs)
- Experience using network and application performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques (4 yrs)