Orlando, United States
6 months ago
This is a temporary part time position for a current College Student enrolled in a full-time time 4 year degree program or Masters Degree Program focused in Computer Science/Information Technology or Engineering.
Siemens Energy has an immediate need for an IT COOP - Orlando GP PG IT ORL Support onsite in Orlando Florida.
Responsibilities will include:
- Refactoring existing PowerBuilder code
- Performing various IT project related tasks
This position allows for the learning and development in the following areas:
- Hands-on learning of PowerBuilder and Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Engineering business processes and data
- Knowledge of data quality assurance and testing techniques.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate
- Full-time student currently enrolled in a 4 year college pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or Engineering (Sophomore or Junior preferred)
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving
- Communication skills - oral and written; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical customers as well as peers and management.
- Strong aptitude or interest in engineering business process
- Aptitude to learn and work with an PowerBuilder system.
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours per week (Mon-Fri daytime) while attending school
Local candidates are preferred for this position.