Malvern, United States
about 1 year ago
- A project manager typically has to manage the customer requirements, the project finances, the project's life cycle, stakeholders and risks, the project team itself, the compliance to standards, rules and regulations and to develop further business opportunities while driving the project implementation. As such, an IT PM:* Assumes standard project management responsibility, typically along the milestones of IT projects outside the PM@Siemens classification of projects, very often refered to as internal project management.* Completes IT performance studies in the assigned field.* Plans the implementation of IT application or infrastructure systems and proposes implementation plans, including make-or-buy studies.* Verifies or develops system specs and test requirements for modules under development, and/or for vendor products.* Supervises the programming activities; checks the results and milestones.* Leads or performs implementation projects and ensures proper in-design of capacities.* Completes the Software/Hardware quality checks through testing sequences.* Ensures required quality gate checks.* Maintains system specifications, ensures training and communication to end users.* Reports to and is accountable to project sponsors or steering committees* Typically leads and advices IT Professionals and/or technicians.NB:* Project Managers with a curriculum fulfilling the classification attributes of PM@Siemens can and should be mapped as project managers in the Job Family "Project Management".* The same applies to the role of Project Management Office (PMO) as a supporting function to the project managers. Financial performance and business risk expected: lowContractual Complexity of project: lowTechnical Complexity: mediumOrganization complexity: lowTypical Budget (accountably managed): 700 KEUR to 2,5 MEUR p.a.Typical Budget (influenced as key contributor): higher volume "Project Manager" Local / Regional Business Projects (small):Facilitates the execution of project/program solution plan for complex projects or programs.Responsible for delivery of complex project/program plans.Supports the project/program management role (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for complex projects or programs.Acts as a functional or business process resource on projects or programs.Facilitates execution of continuous improvement plan.May perform active role in maintaining client relationships and sales opportunities.Higher level: Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts (with clients and service providers).Lower level: Primarily intra-organizational contacts; external contacts occurr in the frame of client projects. 3-5 years Thorough professional know-how in one Sub Job Family, based on practical experience and theoretical foundation. Focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base. Application of knowledge in increasingly both broader professional and managerial context. Basic level of professional judgment competence. Improves processes within specialized area. Impacts team results. * Creating and revising documentation (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience with O365 tools like Yammer, MS Teams REQUIRED
- Experience running Cloud (Microsoft Azure preferred, AWS) projects, and datacenter migration focused on application migrations, and modernization of legacy applications. PREFERRED
- Speaks English
- Strong Project management skills. Certification a plus (i.e. PMP, Agile/Scrum)
- Familiar with waterfall/Agile methodologies in running projects REQUIRED
- Appreciates project management process and understands and can communicate the application of the processes as well as the value statement.
This is a Global project so candidates must have experience working in an international environment.