Alpharetta, United States
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Windows 10 Migration Project Manager
Primary responsibility will be to project manage a regional scale Microsoft Windows 10 (WIN10) rollout. The rollout will consist of migrating Windows 7 Managed Client machines to WIN10 across the Americas. The client migrations may consist of either hardware refresh or existing hardware reimage. Part of your responsibilities will be to manage various project resources assigned across Siemens Divisions / Siemens Countries and in addition a managed client Provider as well as Hypercare Support Team.
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of the project - from initiation to project completion. This person must demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment and conduct business with respect to others. Key Responsibilities:
- Directs the project involving multiple countries, divisions, business units, and/or cross-functional areas
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all phases of a project
- Manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities and ensures that assigned communication resources are working optimally and timely
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned project, this includes presenting regular status updates to IT Business Partner Executives
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Chairs weekly core team and monthly operating committee meetings to review progress with key stakeholders. Responsible for stakeholder management.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with project owner and stakeholders
- Develops the integrated project plan / sprint plan, resource plan, risk management plan, and other related project management plans
- Publishes periodic project status reports
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the project plan
- Manage compliance to standards, rules and regulations
Education: Prefer Bachelors degree in an IT related Field, but proven experience could be considered adequate
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-5 years experience in IT Infrastructure, client management and more importantly proven project management experience in all of the above
- Waterfall and Agile Project Management Mythologies
- Strong soft skills, interpersonal skills with a positive attitude & being largely self-motivated
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work the assigned schedule as business needs require
Additional (preferred) Requirements:
- Highly developed business acumen
- Knowledge in IT Infrastructure and Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of Stakeholders.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge and experience.
- Certification in Office 365 / WIN10 Client Mgmt. or equivalent
- PMI/PMP / Scrum Certification
Key Leadership Capabilities:
- Strategic Innovative Orientation, Change Management, Collaboration