Alpharetta, United States
about 1 year ago
Job Title: WiFi First Transition Manager for the Americas
Primary responsibility will be to assume the roles of a Transition Manager within the Siemens Digitalization Network (SDN) Program and the WiFi First project team to deploy new Wireless Infrastructure across 40+ locations in the Americas.
The successful candidate will be part of a Global Team consisting of over 20+ project resources that interacts well with individuals at all levels of the organization. The Transition Manager must demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment and conduct business with respect to others. The Transition Manager will report to the Global WiFi First Transition Lead based in Germany and the in-country regional Project Manager.
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience:
- 8+ years experience in managing IT projects.
- Experience in managing project in a Global environment (team supports North America, Central America, and South America).
- General IT understanding with focus on network and WLAN Infrastructure.
- Ability to self-organize work and handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Team player
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work with organization and partners to identify key stake holders for locations in scope.
- Prepare, plan and conduct kick-off meeting for locations in scope (virtually).
- Define project timeline in collaboration with partners for locations in scope.
- Manage partners to provide required deliverables according to timeline.
- Drive process to identify LAN ports that can be deactivated.
- Drive deployment of WLAN service according to defined migration process, checkpoints and checklists.
- Primary contact for key stake holders at location.
- Work with Rollout Support team member to provide and update migration database.
- Work with Communication team to initiate end-user communication.
- Work with IT vendor, Real Estate and location stakeholders to align on go-live dates.
Location: Alpharetta, GA