Sacramento, United States
about 1 year ago
Siemens Mobility is seeking an experienced Human Resources Consultant (HRC) for its Sacramento, CA manufacturing and Customer Services locations. This position will report directly to the HR Director. We are looking for an HRC who can help provide HR services and operational support to the organization to achieve its business goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and demonstrated Human Resources capabilities in a manufacturing and customer services environment with approximately 1,500 team members. The HRC will establish a partnership with Managers and drive the development and implementation of HR plans that will help the Business meet its objectives. Additionally, he/she will interpret and brief senior management on employee relations issues, trends, actions and related risks. Facilitate performance management, prepare and guide salary planning initiatives, and identify and recommend appropriate actions for assigned clients groups. Guide client groups on compensation, staffing, training, development and employee engagement. Handle employee relations matters for salaried and hourly workforce and be primary point of contact for all disciplinary recommendations for salaried and hourly employees, including terminations as a result of disciplinary action. Occasionally support 2nd and 3rd shift as necessary.
- Assisting managers to address specific people topics by advising on options (in context of Siemens policy and Federal and State law), assessing risk and acting as a consultant to help managers decide on best course of action.
- Provide a full range of human resources and strategic/operational support to our organization.
- Partner with the assigned Business leadership to integrate the human resources function with business activities to provide value to the customer.
- Partner with the Business leadership team to increase focus on performance management to maximize employee contributions and to proactively address performance issues.
- Counsel managers and employees on policies and practices.
- Facilitate implementation of change management initiatives and partner with the leadership team to effectively communicate business strategies, goals, values, and performance expectations.
- Investigate employee issues relating to Company Policy violation for fact findings and resolution.
- Answer questions that require a level of professional judgment beyond the scope of Siemens internal site (AskHR).
- Manage data and documentation handling at a local level as required. Leverage Siemens expert HR teams, tools and resources in order to complete activities accordingly.
- Implementation of local HR activities and projects in alignment with HR business partner or HRC on site.
- Educating and/or coaching managers and employees of Siemens on-demand tools and resources for relevant HR related topics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
- Strong understanding of California labor laws.
- 5-8 years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to research and analyze information
- Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
- There will be 10% travel associated with this position.