Norwood, United States
over 1 year ago
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Norwood Manufacturing Management team. This position is in a Union environment, directly supporting Managers, Supervisors and Hourly Union employees. This role is the single point of contact for the administrative needs of their assigned internal customers and will provide services in a manner that demonstrates the highest levels of quality, accountability, and teamwork. The role will be proactive in identifying areas of support that are applicable to their customer needs. The role requires consistent application of business acumen and specialized technical knowledge, including a comprehensive understanding of their customer support needs and the technology used by the team.
The Administrative Assistant will demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Strong collaborative skills are necessary, as well as ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast pace environment. This role will need to utilize proficient computer skills to manage their daily operations.
- Prepares and submits expense reports in an accurate and timely manner for the team assigned. Complete reconciliation of expense reports to Amex statements and communicate, track, and resolve issues as necessary. Arranges and manages the travel for the team assigned, which includes managing the travel authorization process as well as researching and booking hotel, transportation, flights, and meeting requirements. Develop and communicate detailed itineraries and make necessary changes as required. This requirement may also include the coordination activity for appropriate passport or VISA requirements. Use of Siemens tools is required.
- Prepares and submits expense reports in an accurate and timely manner for the team assigned. Complete reconciliation of expense reports to Amex statements and communicate, track, and resolve issues as necessary.
- Coordinates meetings and schedules within Siemens Norwood and with our customers. Works with other management within various departments to ensure appropriate and accurate briefs, notes, and follow-up from meetings
- Coordinates meetings and schedules with Manufacturing Managers and Supervisors with respect to hourly new hire onboarding, Union/Management grievance meetings, disciplinary meetings, internal hourly job posting results meetings
- Prepares correspondence directly related to internal hourly hiring, filing of employee personnel documentation, updating Union Seniority Lists, and with other hourly administrative tasks.
- Works with other management within various departments to ensure appropriate and accurate briefs, notes, and follow-up from meetings.
- Monitors hourly call in line ensuring accurate accountability of employee absences.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, and problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Spearheads special events and projects as required.
- Orders office supplies for team assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education:
- Advance PC proficiency in software applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Instant Messaging, and Social Media outlets
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar position supporting an organization in an administrative function.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize while taking direction from multiple different sources.
- Proactive in finding effective solutions for this role to manage tasks given and assist the team of managers in streamlining their clerical functions that assist in overall efficiencies.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong work ethic, and meticulous attention to details
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, flexibility and initiative in a fast-paced, ever changing manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Education:
- Create solid working relationships with other admin staff inside and outside Siemens.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position supporting a medium/large manufacturing facility in an administrative function.
- Experience using SAP software
- Experience in a Union environment a plus