Buffalo Grove, United States
11 days ago
PAY RATE: $17.00/hour
The Siemens Americas Compensation and Benefits Team seeks an Intern to be part of our team from June 1st thru mid to late August. The position is based in Buffalo Grove, IL.
The right candidate will be working with a dynamic and diverse set of professionals spread across many USA locations, with some potential to also get involved with South American and North American reward support topics. This is a temporary, entry level role and we seek ideally a rising Senior studying in a bachelors level HR degree program, or a masters level HR program with emphasis on Compensation/Total Rewards.
Our team is responsible to perform research, analysis, program development and or project work across a variety of HR/Compensation services, initiatives, and programs. This Human Resources summer intern, will support the Compensation department with a variety of base pay, variable pay, and stock/equity topics. Specific responsibilities may include:
- assist preparation for salary planning process
- review employee information for accuracy before salary planning launch,
- update and refresh salary planning communications,
- draft, edit and review recognition memos and communications,
- track and monitor recognition usage by downloading reports from tool and using excel to analyze results,
- auditing of incentive targets and plan assignments,
- review employee eligibility for stock programs under direct guidance,
- other tasks as assigned.
Requires effective use of Microsoft office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Must be comfortable with tools/applications, as internal Siemens tools and systems will also be required. This is an office-based position, no travel required. Ideally suited with those who can analyze, evaluate, prioritize and solve operational issues or on optimizing tools used in process. Working under supervision, positions are designed to provide some advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues. Entry-level requiring at least 2 years of University experience. Rising Senior with some HR class and/or professional exposure, or, Masters level with emphasis on Compensation/Total Rewards is preferred.