Financial Consultant Job Description
Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
* Provides project, service line or product line management, management consulting, and analytical decision support services or technical expertise for a broad array of financial and operational issues.
* Responsible for more complex multi-faceted projects and analyses across disciplines and functional areas.
* Assists in developing performance monitoring process and coordinating compilation, interpretation and presentation of monitoring information.
* Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
* May be responsible for budget system completion, high level reviews and conducting area wide analyses for target development.
* Conducts or participates in complex projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of factors.
Experience: Minimum eight (8) years of financial analysis or related experience.
* Bachelor's degree in finance related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
* Regularly contributes to the development of new financial analysis concepts, techniques, and standards.
* Considered expert in field within KP.
* Frequently contributes to the development of new financial analysis theories and methods.
* Expert proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
* Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
* Extensive knowledge of several or all of the following: general finance theories and methodologies, discounted cash flow analysis, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility studies, large scale business planning, financial modeling and project management.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. HM- John Avento
Additional notes from HM: . Its a typical financial planning role - that Financial consultants typically have experience in. I need Excel, Powerpoint and Communication skills. Im looking for someone with 8+ years experience in Finance, and they typically have the tools, but Im looking for communications abilities too. Ive hired a number of folks and the vendors have been good at helping me screen for the communication skills.