Houston, United States
almost 1 year ago
Position is within PS DO RNA Finance group. It performs various financial planning and cost analysis/reporting tasks while supporting the Field Service (FS) organization. Role will operate in a fast paced and changing environment. This position is based in Houston, Texas.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Monthly P&L Analysis:
- Performs job order tracking, analyzes job order margins and performs journal entries at month end to correct these
- Monitors costs in WIP and works with FS Invoicing team to ensure timely billing of costs
- Supports order-to-cash process, working with the FS and AR teams to drive problem resolution for timely collections of cash
- Provides quotes support and reviews tax feedback for cross-border hiring out of FS personnel, guiding the FS team on rules of engagement/ cost rates to be used in quotation/billing
- Supports reporting, forecasting/budgeting and analysis of orders, backlog/book and bill, revenue and gross margin
- Analyzes business performance to forecast, plan and prior year and reviews with business lead
- Cost Center Analysis:
- Performs monthly variance analysis for multiple FS & back-office departments
- Analyzes headcount and absorption variances for productive cost centers
- Responsible for direct hours monitoring/ discrepancy resolution, and productivity analysis
- Conducts quarterly meetings with cost center owners to review performance
- Supports annual budget: cost center expenses and labor rates development
- Month end: reviews cost center expenditure and prepares correcting journal entries
- Completes internal reporting of FS hours, costs and absorption in Primavera
- Audit and RIC requests support
- Ad hoc projects support such as but not limited to tooling profitability; cost out initiatives; CAPEX requests evaluations, field service vehicles replacement, etc.
- Development and maintenance of complex Excel models and PowerPoint presentations to support the aforementioned
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Accounting; Finance degree acceptable if supplemented by Master's in Accounting or CMA or CPA
- 5+ years successful experience in service accounting and/or manufacturing operations accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with business counterparts; numerous managers and others to handle a variety of projects
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience with advanced worksheet creation
- Travel if needed up to 5%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or Oracle a plus.