Sacramento, United States
almost 2 years ago
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and maintains FTA Buy America calculations for Rolling Stock vehicle projects; prepares audit documentation and presents calculations and back-up to independent auditors to show compliance with the respective policies and Federal regulations.
- Takes over full commercial responsibility for several Light Rail projects in a warranty or close-out phase, including financial planning and reporting activities (e.g. Hyperion, IMAPP, JDE / SAP), invoicing, and drives the full close-out of those projects (including final payments as per the project payment milestone plan) in coordination with the Project Manager (PM), Warranty Group, or other stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains internal reporting for the entire Light Rail project portfolio; reviews key financial metrics and ensures quality of project data reported.
- Prepares account reconciliations for various projects and supports the project management teams as needed.
- Ensures accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG plus the local GAAP requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities.
- Supports the Project Manager (PM) to manage financial results according to set targets and with due professional care; optimizes project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments.
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and manages solving of commercial issues.
- Ensures compliance with the contract documents; identifies and pursues claims in cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities.
- Takes over the full responsibility with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Represents the project in the relevant decision boards.
- Agrees targets with commercial project staff and delegates defined responsibilities and authority.
- Completes financial planning and reporting activities.
- Performs financial analysis regarding trends, financial structure, asset, cash and liabilities, etc.
- Analyses and monitors key performance indicators and business performance, and creates regular reports to management.
- Carries out a range of operational tasks and project work in the area of expertise as assigned by superior.
Primarily intra-organizational contacts. Typically these functions review to 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in their field of work and qualification. 3-5 years thorough professional know-how in one Sub Job Family, based on practical experience and theoretical foundation. Focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base. Application of knowledge in increasingly both broader professional and managerial context. Basic level of professional judgment competence. Improves processes within specialized area. Impacts team results.