Parkway, United States
4 months ago
The Electronic Technician will work with R&D hardware, software and test engineers within the Siemens FutureGrid eMobility Product Development organization. The Electronic Technician will assemble, test and troubleshoot electronic boards and assemblies and perform product design verification and reliability testing. The Electronic Technician will work under the guidance of senior engineers to test electronics, electro/mechanical components, and specific firmware functions as well as produce prototypes and assist in customer support issues. The Electronic Technician will assist and mentor less experience lab staff. The Electronic Technician will maintain detailed documentation of work and tests performed and provide detailed test reports. The position is a full-time position as a contractor with the goal to convert to a permanent employee.
- Assist R&D hardware and software engineers in the development of high volume, low cost electronics products.
- Provide test and fabrication support for electronic printed circuit assemblies on development programs.
- Work with Test Engineers to fabricate custom test fixtures - including some mechanical assembly which requires the use of basic mechanical tools (drill press, etc.)
- Basic troubleshooting of electronic circuits and systems
- Create and solder samples
- Order and track prototype parts inventories.
- Travel to company facilities to support manufacturing and system-level testing.
- Setup electronic test equipment and connect various test systems / computers
- Capture data using test equipment (oscilloscope, power meter, etc.)
- Record and analyze data (excel)
- Provide written test reports
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or 10 years applicable experience
- 6+ years of experience in test lab function
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering schematics, drawings and specifications and in following test procedures.
- Proficient in the soldering, wiring and assembly of analog and digital circuitry and components including fine pitch surface mount integrated circuits and components.
- Experience with the use of test and measurement equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
- Knowledge of AC electrical circuit wiring and power electronics.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with R&D Test, Hardware and Software Engineers.
- Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 35lbs
- Permission to work in the USA
- Knowledge of computer TCP/IP based computer networking basic.
- Experience with test and measurement of wireless systems and propagation basics.
- Familiar with LabView or other test automation software
- Experience in computer programming languages such a C++ or Python.
- Ability to create or contribute to the creation of lab and manufacturing test procedures
- Experience working with outside test labs such as UL, FCC, etc.