Wendell, United States
2 months ago
PAY RATE: $18.00 - $20.00 / hour
The Inspector-Tester position is responsible for performing final inspection duties on products such as Low and Medium Voltage Electrical Distribution Equipment such as LV Motor Control Centers, MV breakers, MV switchgear and Motor Control Centers, DC Electrical Vehicle Chargers and Solar Inverters This is a Final Inspection position on the assembly lines.
- Perform final inspection (electro-mechanical) duties on units for above products
- Inspect each product to company Quality Standards and given guidelines.
- Conduct nondestructive test on equipment to given specifications and drawings.
- Troubleshoot equipment failure and implement corrective action.
- Prepare and maintain inspection and quality reports.
- Work with Engineering and Wirers in a professional manner during test and or reporting of findings.
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 1+ years of prior work experience in test & troubleshooting on similar electrical equipment
- Strong Analytical skills to perform point to point or sequence of operation checks.
- Must have inspection and/or test experience working on various types of electrical distribution equipment such as those mentioned above.
- Experience working with various types of test equipment and have knowledge to conduct Hi-pot tests safely.
- Must have the ability to read and work with schematic drawings/layouts/wire lists, to include circuit troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of proper stripping and crimping techniques
- Must have the ability to work with large power cables including correct method of crimping connectors.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be a strong team player
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associates or bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of prior work experience in inspection & testing on similar electrical equipment
- Residential or commercial electrical education or certifications