Newark, United States
about 1 year ago
This position is for a temporary contract Project Manager. Demonstrated expertise in project management and Microsoft Project software are prerequisites. Proficient ability to navigate Siemens Healthineers Quality Management system is a requirement of this role. Some technical exposure to injection molding or other similar manufacturing techniques is required.
This individual will act as a project manager on a significant injection molding tooling and asset transfer program in the healthcare business. The role will require managing and executing relocation of numerous injection molding tools used for the manufacture of non-chemical consumable products from one location to another, often from an incumbent supplier to a new supplier. Travel to/from suppliers throughout the project is expected. The position will augment activities of the Glasgow Supplier Operations team by interfacing with suppliers on molded components such as cuvettes and pipettes to ensure compliance and to balance quality, delivery, and cost.
The individual is expected to execute the project within the defined requirements (e.g. budget, time, functionality); ensure business success and satisfaction of the customer and stakeholder management; and ensure timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary. The individual is expected to facilitate and execute complex project/program plans with internal and external stakeholders and key suppliers; support the project/program management role (schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for complex projects or programs; and successfully navigate the Siemens Quality Management System, ensure all appropriate documentation is completed accurately.
- Manages and coordinates all activities required to successfully relocate and validate injection mold tooling, associated automation, and test equipment.
- Ensures compliance with Siemens Healthineers' Quality Management System.
- Collaborates with suppliers and tool makers to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Works with project engineers to update and/or develops specifications, DFMEA's, technical evaluations, and other technical documents.
- Some travel required.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Strong project management acumen and communication skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Project.
- Expertise in navigating Siemens Healthineers Quality Management system.
- Technical experience with plastics, injection molding, and materials engineering or similar technology.
- Demonstrated ability to attain results while balancing technical solutions with business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries, build networks, and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to act independently while managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Bachelor of Science, at minimum, in relevant field such as Engineering, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience working in FDA regulated environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Experience managing suppliers.
- Understanding of process validations.
- Experience collaborating with chemists and chemical engineers.
- Experience working with products used in diagnostic or analytical laboratories.
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and design for manufacturing.