Indianapolis, United States
about 1 year ago
The Small Engine Business unit of Siemens is looking for an experienced project engineer to join our growing team. As a Project Engineer, you will lead the planning and governance of a small industrial gas turbine engine product line, ensuring technical and supply chain activities are fully integrated to meet program requirements. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading the projects to ensure the delivery of the integrated plan to meet customer, program and business requirements.
Our office is in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. Parking is reimbursable. Relocation is not available for this position.
- Develop, manage and deliver the integrated program plan.
- Communicate with all departments of the business
- Capture, understand, agree and document total requirements for the program.
- Establish a program and deploy the project management plan to ensure the successful delivery and verification of all requirements in line with Product Development Plan (PDP).
- Manage the execution of the program sourcing and contracting in line with program requirements to support the master schedule.
- Represent the team at appropriate review gates and external customer reviews including PDP reviews, business reviews, customer reviews, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree or other related technical field
- 5-8 years industry experience
- Strong business relationship building within internal/external client
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team with minimal oversight
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- The individual must also understand how engineering improvements relate to the bottom line of a business. The individual must also possess a willingness to learn new skills both within and outside of engineering.
- Experience managing a budget
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to travel up to 10% a month within Domestic and International
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience authoring statements of work and managing contract resources
- Familiarity with managing a budget and forecasting resource needs
- International business experience
- Previous knowledge of gas turbines systems and gas turbine component manufacturing