Norwood, United States
almost 2 years ago
Completes complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Performs communication of complex technical and commercial issues. Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in the mechanical product development with an emphasis on complex electromechanical devices.
- Should have the ability to apply engineering principals and theory to develop safe, innovative, and robust products.
- Experience with precision drive mechanisms, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, sensor technologies, electronics packaging, and injection molding part design is highly desirable.
- Understanding of ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is a must.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is a must
- Working knowledge of product safety requirements (UL, IEC, ISO, FDA) a plus.