Greenville, United States
12 days ago
EHS Professional for Henkel Project Bowling Green, Kentucky
The EHS professional is responsible for managing safety (Federal OSHA & Kentucky OSHA compliance) across the Siemens portion of the Bowling Green, KY Project and its operations as well as the coordination of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
This position has a direct impact on project performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of safety and environmental regulations management methods: position must also possess the ability/ skills to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
The EHS professional will serve as a resource to other employees at the location and provide tools to management to maintain a high level of occupational safety and environmental compliance performance; and the safety of employees, visitors, and contractors and subcontractors.
The EHS professional will report directly to the Siemens Bowling Green, Kentucky Henkel Project Manager and indirectly to the RC US Digital Industries Operating Company EHS Director.
- Coordinating directly with Siemens Bowling Green, Kentucky Henkel Project Manager
- Coordinating directly with RC US Digital Industries EHS Director
- Detailed and organized records and files pertaining to the EHS on the project is required, subject to review at any time
- Occupational health management; including injury prevention, trending, etc.
- Demonstrating operational knowledge of project
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Lead cross functional teams related to EHS targets and objectives for the project
- Facilitate EHS training and communications within the project scope
- Conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements
- Staying current with existing and new regulations for Kentucky and federal RCRA, OSHA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Centralized Waste Treatment Standards, etc.
- Interfacing with the Henkel Project Contractor EHS Manager on behalf of Siemens Henkel Project when required: coordinating with the DI EHS Director and the Siemens Project Manager any business response and/or comments to regulatory issues and/ or changes
- Participating in audit activities (internal and external) including identification of EHS issues and implementation of corrective actions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Environmental Health and Safety or related field (loss prevention, etc.) highly preferred: in rare cases years of experience, a current CSP designation and performance history related to EHS may be considered as a substitute for 4-year degree
- 3+ years of experience in a technical EHS Construction/ Project role on Safety and Environmental Compliance within a large project setting
- Experience with ISO14001 and ISO18001 / ISO 45001
- Experience with construction operations (i.e. crane operation, powered industrial vehicles, high voltage equipment testing, electrical safety, confined space, fall protection, working at height, ergonomic assessments, EPA permitting, conveyor systems, warehouse safety, etc.) highly preferred
- Demonstrated construction/ project experience working on cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to facilitate training, including presentation development in PowerPoint and/ or other suitable media
- Working knowledge of Workers Compensation Laws
- Working knowledge of Behavior Based/ Human Performance Safety Programs: implementation and sustainability
- Ability to work extended workdays if required
- Ability to work weekends if needed