Painted Post, United States
5 months ago
- Reports directly to the Painted Post, NY Operations Manager and the SDO EHS JF Director.
- Work to improve the Health, Safety, Environmental and ISO processes and procedures within a heavy manufacturing, union facility. The position will include several independent projects as well as collaboration with managers throughout the facility.
- Assists in the guidance of EHS programs to address government regulations standards while fully comprehending and addressing their implications on the facility.
- Assists in the guidance of the evaluation of EHS performance of the facility.
- Assists in the completion of all employees training in EHS policy and procedures.
- Assists in very complex EHS projects.
- Assists in the management of key environmental/safety and manufacturing projects to further progress the ISO certifications.
- Conduct and participate in environmental/safety audits and maintenance inspections.
- Participates in presenting basic employee training on environmental/safety items and maintaining the database for tracking attendance
- Participates in developing structure for ISO document management
- Participates and completes Job Safety Hazard Assessments of critical processes within the facility.
- Understands and applies the major elements of government regulations & standards.
- Understands and able to complete most basic regulatory reporting (workers compensation laws & RCRA annual reports/permitting, OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.): understands the implications of the regulatory requirements on the facility.
- Supports the completion of semi complex written programs required by regulatory authorities.
- Participates in the investigation of minor incidents and supports the investigation of major incidents.
- Suggests solutions and improvements to EHS issues/challenges.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred college graduate with 2+ years of experience in EHS
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Concentration in Health/Safety, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Industrial Safety and Health and/or Environmental
- 2+ years of experience as a Health/Safety Engineer with environmental experience preferred
- Plant level experience is a plus.
- Electrical safety background and familiar with high voltage electrical systems.
- Familiarity with NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) 70E requirements.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) a plus.
- ASP (Associate Safety Professional) a plus.
- Safety inspection reporting and hazard resolution experience is a plus.