ECS - Desktop Support - Int
Frontline technical support and guidance in planning, implementation and ongoing operations of LAN's and WAN's, and implementation of end user computing applications and devices for Kaiser Medical groups and business partners and employees. In general employees are responsible for responding to tickets (inquires or requests for services related to desktop hardware) originating from the National Service Desk. For requests that cannot be serviced over the phone, tickets are generated electronically and distributed via network queue to the relevant location or business line to be resolved by Desktop employees: 1) Incident tickets: all secondary ?break/fix requests for electronic desktop equipment and 2) Add/Move/change tickets: moving and installing new personal computers and/or ordering and replacing equipment for assigned areas (e.g. building/installing computers for a new office.) Each level includes the skills and duties from the previous level.
* Accepts trouble reports including such activities as: handling system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
* Provides excellent customer service to computer users.
* May direct and distribute work each day by checking queue of tickets and assigning the incidents and/or moves/changes to the relevant Team members. Coordinates Moves, Adds, and Changes to support complex LAN&WAN networks, including configuration, training, installation, maintenance, support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
* Maintains and secures inventory of all hardware and software.
* Supervision Given and Received: Is competent in most phases of end user computing applications to work on own. Typically works under the general direction of the team lead and/or supervision of Manager.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making: Analyzes problems and takes corrective action.
* Customer Service Skills: Demonstrates professional behavior with all customers at all times. Develops a clear understanding of the customer's needs seeking information through clarifying questions. Maintains clear communications with customers regarding expectations and time frames. Follows up with customers after a problem has been resolved to inform them of any action taken. Sensitive to customer's frustration and responds professionally.
* Minimum two (2) years of professional experience, in end user computing and PC/Workstation based LAN applications.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Knowledge of mobile devices.
* Current and recent Windows and , Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite of products. Excellent customer service skills.
* Some technical consulting experience preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or IS Or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
* Microsoft Certifications or training and/or A+ preferred. Description: Position Description: Support a robust Microsoft based network running Wins 10, Exchange. Server, PC, MAC and Laptop expertise needed to perform the duties of this position. Monitor daily activity. Install and maintain network hardware and software. Troubleshoot network usage and computer peripherals. Install new users. Install new applications. Perform system backups and data recovery. Resolve network communication problems independently. Assist with PC installation, maintenance, E-mail administration, disk capacity monitoring and network security. Experience Level: 2-4 Years customer service, front facing. Skill Set: Workstation Support / Desktop Support (Tier Level 2 or 3). Hardware and software troubleshooting. Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors. Knowledge of systems software to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software. Excellent documentation skills. Practical problem solving skills and solid trouble shooting skills a must. Possess excellent organizational skills. Possess excellent oral communication skills. Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment . Ability to install/deploy Windows based computers. Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment. Ability to train end users. Minimum number of years of experience required 2 years in the desk top support Wins 10 (1 year experience) Top 3 - 5 Daily responsibilities 1)Take Client Calls from the Production Floor 2) Open Remedy Tickets Incident and Work Orders 3) Preventive maintenance PC's Monitors Keyboards Mice 4) Tech Refresh build new computers 5) Inventory Top 3 - 5 Required Skills Windows 10; Desk Top Support Help Desk Skills Troubling Shooting Desired skills; Call Center, IT Support. High School Graduate or GED Interviews: Phone followed by F2F on site in San Jose, hours will be flexible, including weekend work and Holidays Does this position require a health screen? Yes