Orlando, United States
about 1 year ago
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Arts degree (BA), or a Bachelor of Science degree (BS) preferred
Years of experience required: Minimum of 2 years. MUST HAVE- Strong FTE Experience!!
Primarily responsible for supporting Preferential Certificate of origin analysis for designated Siemens divisions exports. Tasks which include: Timely responding to Siemens divisions internal or external request for preferential certificates of origin Conduct the necessary analysis, including Bill of Material review, supplier supporting certifications etc. to determine qualification under the Rules of Origin prior to issuance of preferential certificates of origin Ensure compliance with record keeping requirements in support of preferential certificates of origin
Support in the utilization of the GTM tool for Siemens supplier Preference Certificate Solicitation process. These supporting functions to include: Conducting annual preferential certificate solicitation campaigns On-going system improvement efforts and corresponding testing Maintaining up-to-date and accurate Process documentation Interphase with 3rd party GTM provider where needed
Support 520(d) and other FTA post importation refund claims processes in compliance with the regulations and by working closely with the Siemens U.S. Customs Strategy and Risk team.
Assist in ensuring Companys compliance with U.S. laws governing import, export and trade agreement activities as it pertains to the usage of Duty Optimization.
Collaborates with the U.S. Customs Governance team in external and internal audits by Siemens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other govt agencies.
Interface and collaboration with Siemens divisions, locations, subsidiaries, and IMEX regarding Free Trade Agreements and other preferential programs.
Stays informed and abreast of Free Trade Agreements and Preferential trade changes and works closely with management to determine impact to the Siemens divisions he/she is responsible for.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Licensed Customs Broker is preferred.
- Proficient in EXCEL and ACCESS database to include data analysis.
- In depth knowledge of 19 CFR and US HTS
- Knowledge and experience of Preferential Trade Agreements and Rules of Origin
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills; able to identify elements of complex situations and implement effective actions
- Hands-on Experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP.
- Experience with Integration Point Global Trade Management Tool preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.