Houston, United States
about 1 year ago
Overview of Position:
The Customs Governance team is responsible for (i) assessing, monitoring, proactively mitigating and reporting on Siemens Customs and Border Protection (CBP) risks, and (ii) establishing the strategy for the U.S. Customs compliance program. Additional support is needed to manage post-entry tasks related to Section 301.
The Regulatory Compliance Specialist will help Siemens evaluate entries for recovery of additional duties paid due to subsequent exclusions. The position reports to the Head, U.S. Customs Governance at 15375 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079.
- Responsible for retrieving and analyzing necessary import data, calculating claims, and serving as the primary point of contact to address post-entry review specific to Section 301.
- Complete data entry to convert data into format necessary for post-entry correction via PSC or protest.
- Audit of import documents to verify that accurate and complete post-summary corrections are submitted.
- Handling of large scale data management, error resolution, and record retention.
- Collaborate and interface with Siemens Customs team.
- Undertake activities to proactively enhance savings through expansion of Siemens exclusion use.
- Assist in preparation of internal guidelines, processes, and procedures.
Required Education and Skills:
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Customs imports experience.
- Strong classification skills.
- Highly organized and able to identify trends across importers.
- Licensed Customs Broker is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP
- Experience with Integration Point Global Trade Management Tool preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Microsoft Windows suite knowledge (Excel, Visio, PPT, Word, Access, etc.)
Preferred knowledge, skills, education and experience:
- Robust knowledge of international trade regulations and effect on business processes
- Local candidates are preferred for this position
- Relocation assistance is not available