Houston, United States
over 1 year ago
Electrical design for process analytical solutions provided for petrochemical/refining industry applications.
The designer supports the analytical system integration project business by the creation of detailed drawings and development/requisition of the project Bill of Material. The designer will provide support to project management, engineering, materials personnel, and craftsman throughout the phases of all projects assigned. This position will report to the System Integration Solutions Manager within the Analytical Products & Solutions Business Segment, Process Automation Business Unit, Process Industries & Drives Division.
The designer is responsible for creation of detailed electrical drawings and Bill of Material which define conduit type, size, routing, fittings, seals as required. Designer to be knowledgeable on electrical design, NEC, hazardous areas, electrical material specification. Designer to work closely with shop floor electricians in defining solutions for all projects along with determining best practices. Once the electrical solution is complete for each project, the designer will work with materials personnel on ordering all required electrical hardware (conduit, fittings, etc). The designer will support electricians during the construction phase as required and update drawings to as built condition.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- It is preferred for the candidate to have AS Degree in Engineering Design or Technology or BS Degree in Engineering Technology.
- It is preferred for the candidate to have worked with a manufacturer of analytical equipment or analyzer system integrator for 5+ years.
It is preferred for the candidate to have the following industry specific knowledge:
- Working knowledge of analytical systems integration including analyzer shelters and sample conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of analyzers including: Gas Chromatographs, UV/IR Continuous Gas Analyzers, Paramagnetic Continuous Gas Analyzers, FTNIR, CEMS, pH & conductivity, TOC, Zirconium Oxide / Catalytic Bead stack analyzers.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
It is required for the candidate to have the following electrical system design knowledge:
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment including: panelboards, transformers, circuit breakers, lighting, receptacles, disconnect switches.
- Ability to provide conduit design / sizing, conduit fitting specification
- Working knowledge on how to apply conduit seals in Hazardous Areas (typically Class I Division 2)
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Understanding of hazardous area classifications.
- Experience with NEMA 7 electrical equipment for hazardous areas.