Bellevue, United States
9 months ago
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Graphic Designer to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls group in the Seattle area. The Graphic Designer creates dynamic custom graphic packages that follow Siemens Standards and meet customer requirements using AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Revit, and other Siemens Products. This role is responsible for designing the graphic user interface so customers can control their Smart Buildings. Graphics will include visual representations of Campuses, Hospitals, Data Centers, Commercial Facilities, and their related infrastructure.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our companys success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then wed like to meet you!
- Develops user interface graphics for projects from engineering submittals.
- Meets with customers, Project Managers, and Systems Engineers to understand the objectives and requirements of the job.
- Estimates the time required to complete the work.
- Works with a variety of graphic design tools including AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, and Adobe products.
- Interprets building plans to convert to graphics.
- Reviews designs to ensure accurate, high-quality work.
- Tracks time spent on graphics and stays within time allocated in budget.
- Maintains skills using graphic programs.
- Develops knowledge and understanding of the basics of engineered systems.
- Visits job sites to understand customers needs and creates graphics accordingly.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: experience with graphic design relevant to the type of systems we create at Siemens Smart Infrastructures Building Technologies team.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Experience managing projects related to Fire & Life Safety systems
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Good attention to detail and strong analytical skills required.
- Good relationship-building skills with the ability to interpret customer requirements.
- Must be able to think creatively to produce designs that will meet project specifications
- Must have a strong working knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Office (including Access and Excel) and MS Project 2013.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- Preferred education: Associate degree in graphics design or 1-2 years of relevant vocational training preferred.
- Other preferences:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3DS Max preferred but not required.
- Mechanical system knowledge preferred but not required.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source - with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields-sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few-in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.