Cypress, United States
10 months ago
Produce Low Voltage Fire Alarm System Installation drawings including floor plans, riser diagrams, systems diagrams and layouts using manual drawing techniques and PC based CAD system (AutoCAD).
- Produce commercial, industrial, and high-rise residential building Low Voltage System Installation drawings including floor plans, riser diagrams, details, and layouts using PC based CAD system (AutoCAD).
- Assembles operation and maintenance manuals and systems documentation for system owners.
- Prepares submittal packages for city or jurisdictional review and approval.
- Prepares voltage drop calculations, load calculations, battery calculations under the direction of the branch engineering staff.
- Performs other related document and drawing tasks as assigned.
- Attends and successfully complete training classes and seminars offered by the company and other agencies.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
- Performs technical administrative support tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Two years of Drafting/CAD experience (including academic experience).
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- Ability to design small jobs with deviation from standard tools, products, or practices as needed.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: College or Other Technical Trade School Diploma.
- Preferred certification: NICET 1 Fire Alarm Certification