Issaquah, United States
almost 2 years ago
Max pay rate is --$38/hr on W2
As the Senior Mechanical Designer / CAD Drafter, this individual is responsible for assisting with the design, documentation and release of various mechanical and electrical components and assemblies.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Create and modify drawings, models and assemblies using Creo 3.0+ (Pro-E), AutoCAD and Visio as required.
- Assist with the creation and engineering/production release of drawings, models, manufacturing process instructions (MPIs) and bill of materials (BOMs).
- Design of moderately complex tooling and fixturing
- Collaborate and assist with engineering, internal groups, and outside vendors as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant designing / drafting experience
- Extensive Creo / Pro-E modeling and drawing skills (certifications preferred)
- Experience making detailed medical device assembly (catheter preferred) and electrical cable drawings
- Experience managing CAD assemblies and integrating sub-system contributions from others (Windchill experience desirable)
- Experience integrating industrial design feedback including incorporating complex contours and surfacing from other CAD/modeling packages preferred
- Intimate knowledge of ASME/ANSI Y14.5 standards
- Knowledge of medical device related DCN/ECN/ECO processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, post-processes, coatings & finishes
- The candidate should be a motivated self-starter who can perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to translate and simplify problems of considerable scope and complexity into manageable tasks with measurable requirements.
- An approachable individual who provides a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Must be organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- Experience with SAP or similar PLM clients a plus
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.