Norwood, United States
3 months ago
This position is for Healthcare Laboratory Diagnostics division JOB DESCRIPTION:
Design and implement sophisticated Machine Learning algorithms to advance predictive analyses for point-of-care medical devices. Support internal teams in data visualization, interpretation, and provide evidence and guidance in Design of Experiments.
- Play a key role in the planning, design and execution of signal processing, time-series analysis, and predictive machine learning algorithms for highly integrated point-of-care medical devices. Strong understanding of biosensor data and diagnostic instrumentation. Think out of box for innovative approaches and solutions that are game changing in the diagnostic industry.
- The Data Scientist will enable researchers and engineers to integrate sophisticated models into the development of tailored reports, apps and dashboards for blood analyte (e.g. oxygen, lactate, glucose) signal visualization, analysis and interpretation. The Data Scientist will be expected to provide knowledge and expertise in achieving research targets, delivering on specific milestones, interpreting results, and reporting them to key stakeholders.
- The Data Scientist will have a strong interface with biosensor and engineering teams, as well as Clinical, Quality and Regulatory as needed to support bench-top, preclinical and clinical data analysis. Ensure the type and quality of data.
- The Data Scientist will be expected to conduct analyses with our database and lead the strategy and development of analysis plans for upcoming studies and trials with the goal of evaluating multiple parameters to develop unique and/or composite signature metrics/algorithms with predictive diagnostic outcomes.
- MS (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related fields.
- Ideally formal training or extensive experience in electrochemistry or biosensors.
- 5+ years Experience working with biosensor signal processing.
- Proficiency in building classification/prediction algorithms.
- Proficiency in computing languages (Python, R, Matlab, etc.) required.
- Familiarity with relational databases (ie. SQL).
- Experience with MiniTab, and VBA Macro preferred.
- Experience with time series analysis (ie. feature extraction, as well as Fourier, wavelet and complexity analyses approaches)
- Experience working with data from early stage biosensor prototypes, pre-clinical and clinical data.
- Experience working with human subjects, documenting experiments, and refining procedures.
- Experience with Statistical analysis and Design of Experiments.
- Ability to define strategy and manage complex projects, motivate and lead others, and work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and relationship-building skills.