Olean, United States
about 1 year ago
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop and process techniques to extract/manipulate data from multiple data sources including ERP, PLM, homegrown MS Access databases etc. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
The successful candidate will be a team player and is expected to assume a role within a collaborative design team including, but not limited to, a technical specialist/layout drafter, detail drafter, packaging engineer, core technology specialist, and service center/factory assembly team, as required.
This position offers the applicant the ability to interact with the global Siemens organization including Engineering, Operations and Marketing and Sales. There is potential to expand this role.
Limited domestic/international travel is required (0-10%). Responsibilities
- Work safely following all corporate / local procedures and timely completion of all required safety training
- Maintain accurate and organized records
- Follow all processes and obtain necessary approvals where required
- Researches project and part history in support of standard business.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Writing reports to give to management describing the business.
- Other miscellaneous duties to support the product lines success
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually with the same enthusiasm and intensity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Oracle
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of interacting with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, Inside Sales and SCM.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally with short notice (estimated 0-5% travel)
- 2 - 4 years Oracle experience
- 2 - 4 years SAP (Atlas) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Siemens / Dresser-Rands products and services
- Experience with Alteryx data manipulation software and Tableau data visualization software.