Parkway, United States
over 1 year ago
Digital Content Data Analyst
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross & Midtown Atlanta
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. Siemens focuses on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the worlds largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
The Digital Content Data Analyst will assist in the mass data transfers of digital content. The candidate will facilitate the submission of digital content to several Siemens content storage locations and external data consumers. The candidate will work closely with the Product Management and Digital Content groups, leveraging their product knowledge to assist in the sorting of content.
Requirements - Skills (Applicants must have at least 3 of the 4 skills requirements)
- Access (tables of 500k+ records, queries with 3-15 joins)
- VBA (or other automation code)
- Strong in business intelligence/business analysis
Requirements - Knowledge (Applicants must have at least 6 of the 7 knowledge requirements)
- 2+ years of experience in analytics focused on isolating data quality issues and maintaining data sets
- Experience in Excel, relational databases, database concepts, and database design.
- Ability to develop useful automation tools for immediate team use and train others how to use them
- Experience communicating the results of analysis clearly in writing and verbally
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to provide regular status updates proactively
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a curiosity to investigate problems and solve them in cutting edge ways
The strongest candidates will also have :
- BS/BA degree (preferably in a technical or research field)
- STRONG Experience in Access Database, SQL, & SAP
- Knowledge of VBA, Python automation programs like WinAutomation or Winshuttle
- Researches, analyzes, consolidates and interprets data using statistical and data analytics methods to create information on business-relevant topics, e.g. market environment, operational process and equipment performance etc.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Operates and optimizes pre-defined tools, applications and data bases/data management systems.
- Creates reports and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers)
- Develop systems and processes to regularly maintain databases and conduct regular checks to ensure data integrity
- Create queries that allow data to be extracted and to streamline the data retrieval process
- Analyze overall content data trends to create and communicate actionable insights that help drive higher content quality
- Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to identify areas for improvement in content and data transfer
- Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to quickly identify changes in trends/key metrics, elevate issues, and identify areas for improvement
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.