Orlando, United States
24 days ago
As the Procurement Contract Manager, you will primarily support commercial contracts for the procurement of services and equipment for Siemens businesses related to large and small power generation in North America. This position is based in Siemens Energy Orlando office. You will work independently and as a member of a regionally based team concurrently engaged in multiple projects. You will be responsible for performing a full spectrum of contract management duties which include:
- Providing interpretation/summarization of contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure, including recommended innovative approaches for these areas;
- Identifying and resolving complex problems related to contract language, procedures and practices;
- Composing, analyzing and negotiating contracts to achieve acceptable levels of risk;
- Performing as a member of a multi-disciplined negotiation team consisting of personnel from multiple Siemens' departments and groups;
- Supporting relevant Siemens Limits of Authority processes for procurement;
- Drafting, negotiating and maintaining a wide range of agreements relating to direct Procurement activities, including: non-disclosure agreements, goods and services, construction, field support, technical/ engineering services, transportation/ storage and used equipment; and,
- Supporting and actively engaging in an environment of continual training, guidance and education of fellow professional staff.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering focus required.
- Preference will be given to those with an Advanced degree in Business or Law.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Seven (7) plus years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and experience in drafting and negotiating commercial purchasing contracts in a complex engineering project related field.
- Demonstrated success of handling high dollar contracts specific to the purchase of complex, manufactured goods, installation and maintenance parts/services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Legal business practices and concerns related to contract and claim management.
- Demonstrated abilities to formulate logical approaches, articulate ideas and make effective recommendations to address complex issues.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to effectively lead and/or support a matrixed negotiating team consisting of Legal, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management and Project Implementation personnel.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Strong sense of prioritization and internal customer orientation is required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate ownership and sense of urgency with assigned tasks and their timely completion.