Orlando, United States
almost 2 years ago
As the Procurement Contract Manager, you will primarily support commercial contracts for the procurement of services and equipment for Siemens businesses related to large and small power generation in North America. You will work independently and as a member of a procurement team concurrently engaged in multiple projects.
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities which include:
- Performing a full spectrum of common contract management duties;
- Providing advice/recommendation and interpretation of contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure to the applicable procurement team member;
- Writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating contracts and contract modifications to achieve acceptable levels of risk;
- Performing as a member of a multi-disciplined negotiation team consisting of personnel from multiple departments and groups.
- Analyzing supplier contractual terms and conditions and recommending innovative approaches to contract requirements, obligations and risk exposures;
- Supporting and actively engaging in an environment of continual training, guidance and education of fellow professional staff.
EDUCATION: *Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering focus, required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: *Five (5) plus years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and experience in negotiating commercial purchasing in a complex engineering project related field.
- Demonstrated success of handling complex high dollar contracts specific to the purchase of complex, manufactured goods.
Demonstrated knowledge of Legal business practices and concerns related to contract and claim management.
- Demonstrated abilities to formulate logical approaches and make effective recommendations to address complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong negotiations skills with the ability to effectively lead or support a matrixed negotiating team consisting of Legal, Engineering, Procurement, and Project Implementation personnel.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and generate team consensus to move forward; this also includes meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of stakeholders. Communicate consistent contractual positions and persuade other parties to accept the fairness of Siemens position.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and concerns.
- Strong sense of prioritization and internal customer orientation is required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate ownership and sense of urgency with assigned tasks and their timely completion.