Norwood, United States
11 months ago
Looking for a hands-on senior mechanical design engineer with medical device experience. Responsible for creating visionary/technical direction of mechanical engineering development projects, project management; and coordination of junior engineers and technicians. Further responsible for the development, and support, mechanical components, manual and automated test fixtures, and test processes.
Job Description The Product Design Engineer will:
- Design and develop new products, line extensions, and research projects.
- Conduct technology landscapes and facilitate ideation sessions
- Generate design concepts, prototypes and demonstrate proof-of-concept
- Product design lead driving DFA/DFM (assembly and manufacturing) supporting product and process development
- Application of analytical skills including statistics, DOE, experimental design and/or Six Sigma
- Work on multifunctional teams and drive to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Drives and guides the creation of a functional architecture for a complete Component and of a technical realization concept over all its domain and technical aspects.
- Evaluates different concepts with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
- Specifies and integrates standard products and subcomponents according to the required functionality of the component and coordinates their interfaces and interaction.
- Verifies and validates the concepts and specifications versus the requirements and standards.
- Provides feedback and lessons learned to the Engineering Organization and R&D department.
- Acts internally as an integrating and coordinating technical function.
- May draft the integration test concept (in cooperation with the Requirements Engineer).
- "Senior Professional" Positions which need senior professional expertise, with extensive functional, commercial and/or technical knowledge in an area of competence. They integrate analysis, development, testing and implementation. They interpret and functionally influence policy and guidelines in their area of business / technology, and develop processes and systems to deliver functional objectives.
The Product Design Engineer for this role will have
- BS Plastics , Polymers, Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- More than 10 years of deep professional experience in mechanical design engineering
- Experience with various materials like plastics (i.e. syringes)
- Experience with consumer product or medical device development
- DFM experience
- ISO 13485