Norwood, United States
5 months ago
- Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective part designs, manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Hands on in all aspects on designing plastic parts for medical therapeutic or diagnostic systems use, including concept, material selection, moldability, assembly, packaging, and design for manufacturability.
- Working with cross functional engineering teams and subject matter experts to translate clinical and regulatory requirements into a comprehensive part design.
- Degree in Plastics Engineering (experience equivalent considered) with at least 10 years experience with high volume plastics from concept, design through volume manufacturing. Be prepared to cite examples.
- In depth understanding of various plastic materials and rubbers, especially medical grade.
- Manufacturing experience should include line layout (including clean room) as well as introduction of new products to contract manufacturers.
- Practical experience in component assembly including:
- Prototype to high volume manufacturing
- Design of Experiments
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Laser Welding
- Adhesive/Solvent Bonding
- RF welding/forming
- Documentation of assembly including: Ops, IQ/OQ/PQs, PFMEAs
- Assembly fixture development/design Practical Experience with Plastic Molding:
- Scientific injection molding experience
- Mold design experience
- Micro-molding experience
- Compression/Transfer molding experience
- LIM experience
- Familiarity with blow molding
- Familiarity with thermoforming techniques
- Familiarity with medical device manufacturing requirements and testing for medical products preferred Desired Characteristics
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Project Management Experience
- Self motivated & passionate
- Operationally excellent