Tualatin, United States
over 1 year ago
The Project Engineer is responsible for the production and development of contract engineering deliverables together with all other associated documentation, calculations and drawings. In this key position , you will play a vital role in the safe and timely completion of engineering deliverables to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget ensuring all safety, quality and environmental requirements are met. The Project Engineer, in performing his role, will be required to work closely with the Project Manager(s) and Commercial Project Manager(s) to ensure an integrated engineering solution is presented to the Customer. This will extend to working and interfacing with our external approved suppliers and or other third parties as appropriate to produce a homogeneous solution.
- Provides assistance in routine design, development, testing and modifications of solutions
- Provides assistance in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of routine specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data
- Assist in communicating routine technical and commercial issues clearly
- Produce fully compliant Engineering designs that meet the requirements of the contract
- Implement most economical Engineering design methodology
- Act as a Requirements Contributor in the Requirements Management (RM) process
- Provide support to the Engineering team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer
- Ensure that any sub-contracted Engineering design work is awarded and managed in a professional, cost effective manner
- Management of interdisciplinary Engineering designs i.e. TPSS, OCS, Civils, SCADA, Telecoms etc.
- Assist with the development of Bid estimates and documentation for new opportunities
- Ensure productive and cost effective use of technical resources to achieve company targets, margins and profit
- Ensure that all Engineering designs are in accordance with the customers approval processes
- Understand primary interfaces, Engineering design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical Engineering design
- Ensure sufficient resources are obtained in a timely manner to meet programme commitments
- Positively influence Engineering design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- Support the project commercial process with the Commercial Manager and ensure all Engineering design change requests are processed on time
- Produce and issue project progress and KPI reports as required
- Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery
- Ensure that all project Engineering designs are compliant with all applicable standards including, but not limited to, ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Take an active role in the local coaching of junior /less experienced staff to ensure the developmental needs of both the individual and the business are met
- Develop synergy between projects to offer services to Customers that are both innovative and value for money
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT, Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required.
- Undertake lessons learnt exercises to maintain value
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- 1-3 years experience as Electrical Engineer or Traction Power Engineer in similar or relevant field
- Minimum 1 years experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical
- Minimum 1 years experience working as a design or project engineer within the Rail Electrification market or similar electrical equipment industry.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience designing control circuitry for similar products than those listed above is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analyzing problems and creating innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
- Travel required (approximately 5%) Willingness to travel across North America
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Proven rail and Traction Power experience
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following Electrical Equipment products is an advantage:
- AC Switchgear (Medium Voltage) (Air-Insulated & Gas-Insulated)
- AC Switchboard (Low Voltage)
- Rectifier-Transformers, Dry-Type Transformers, Cast Coil Transformers
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Motor Control Centers
- Programmable Logic Controllers/Automation Panels
- Battery Systems
- AC/DC Panelboards (Distribution Boards)
- Unit Substations