Alafaya, United States
over 1 year ago
The Internal Communications Department of Siemens Gas and Power is seeking a full-time contractor to join our team. Were looking for an experienced communicator with 5-7 years of experience with an emphasis in strategic employee communication, change management, internal company journalism or comparable work. The ideal candidate will have experience developing, managing and implementing internal communication programs that directly impact employees and build an integrated culture.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer and strategic thinker with a solid understanding of corporate and internal communications. This role will interface with Corporate Communications teams, other divisional team leads and internal departments (Facilities, IT, HR, EHS) to ensure message clarity, consistency and reach. Strong attention to detail, ability to manage large-scale projects with multiple owners, and ability to write in a fast-paced and demanding environment is a must.
Position must be fulfilled on-site.
Education requirements: Bachelors degree in PR, English, Journalism, Communications or related area Years of experience required: minimum of 5 years in communications or related area
- Create and deliver communications targeted to a variety of internal audiences via the most appropriate mix of media and channels. Must demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of which channels and vehicles are available and effective, internally and externally, and be able to ensure error-free communications and consistency of style, grammar and tone.
- Oversee or execute a variety of highly visible, time-sensitive and complex communications initiatives independently and in a team environment.
- Oversee production of bi-weekly online employee newsletter, including gathering, researching and editing articles, selecting photos, formatting and distributing using online tool.
- Develop creative content and templates for internal digital signage system.
- Develop copy and photo ideas for flyers, posters and other communications collateral.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to deliver key messages driving employee engagement.
- Attend meetings with internal customers to help brainstorm and create solutions for internal communication projects.
- Assist with internal communications department with other activities, such as planning internal campaigns and events (town halls, webcasts, employee events and contests), communications research, video and photo shoots, as needed.
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written and presentation/public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- A proven team player who thrives in a collaborative setting
- Outstanding writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills; familiar with Associated Press style
- Strong attention to details
- Strong knowledge of best practices for internal communication strategies that successfully drive engagement
- Ability to multitask on projects requiring differing skill sets, while maintaining high standards of work on a tight schedule
- Ability to establish and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders in Siemens
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required; Excel, SharePoint, video production/editing and social media skills helpful.