Tarrytown, United States
about 1 month ago
Siemens Healthineers is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help shape and transform diagnostic medicine. The company offers a comprehensive portfolio of performance-driven systems, unmatched assay menu and IT solutions, and world-class service. The portfolio helps streamline workflow, enhance operational efficiency and improve patient experience by assisting in the diagnosis, monitoring and management of disease. Siemens Healthineers innovative solutions cover all major segments of in vitro diagnostics, including lab automation/diagnostics IT, clinical chemistry, immunoassay, hematology, hemostasis, drug testing, plasma proteins, and infectious disease testing. With nearly 11,000 colleagues serving customers in more than 100 countries, the Laboratory Diagnostics business area provides over 10 billion tests annually to patients.
Headquartered in Tarrytown, NY, the Global Communications department for the Diagnostics segment of Siemens Healthineers is responsible for strategic messaging, distributing in various media channels and programs that target a variety of constituencies. A vital part of the teams mission is Employee and Leadership Communications, which develops and executes high-quality internal strategic communications plans and programs through a mix of company media (traditional, digital and social) to strengthen perception of business area leadership and company innovation, and create high levels of employee engagement.
The Employee Communications Specialist would join the team as a full-time contractor based in Tarrytown.
The candidate would help create and facilitate employee-facing communications and senior leadership messaging for internal channels and social media platforms. The Employee Communications Specialist ensures that editorial content meets the companys high standards for creativity, technical and regulatory accuracy, clarity, tone and style, and ensures they are produced in an efficient and timely manner. The individual must be able to manage multiple projects of varying scope at the same time, communicate project requirements, and work both collaboratively and independently.
- Create and facilitate the development and completion of high-quality employee-facing communications for a global audience, including messaging related to innovation, product launches, quality initiatives, business results, policy and guidelines, human resources, executive management, and more.
- Serve as managing editor for company intranet and internal social media channels, including online publishing, editorial calendaring, copyediting and story writing for these channels.
- Develop corporate journalistic news stories for company intranet and social media channels, designed to inform, inspire, influence and engage colleagues.
- Mine and disseminate other company news/content that has relevance to Laboratory Diagnostics and Point of Care Diagnostics global audience, which originates from other parts of the Siemens Healthineers and Siemens AG organizations.
- Create attractive visual media for use across multiple channels, including digital signage, online publications, internal and external social media, email blasts, PowerPoint presentations, and more.
- Partner with the Director of Employee and Leadership Communications and with the Vice President of Global Communications to help develop periodic senior leadership messaging for internal channels, social media and third-party events.
- Partner with the Director of Employee and Leadership Communications, the office of the Tarrytown Site Head, select functional areas and employee resource groups to develop and distribute relevant content across a variety of media to local employees designed to engage the local site population.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in areas of content development, and forge strategic relationships with global communications and marketing colleagues across other functions.
- Streamline processes to maximize communications effectiveness and overall quality.
BS/BA in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 - 7 years applicable experience
- Required Travel: 10%
- Excellent interpersonal and communications capabilities, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong copyediting and proofing skills
- Keen awareness of social media and digital tools
- High level of attention to detail and proven project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, solve problems, and adapt to new tools and processes
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint
- Additional experience with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and content management systems