East Walpole, United States
almost 2 years ago
We're seeking an experienced production planner in our Laboratory Diagnostics division in Walpole Ma. The individual in this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the plan for products within their portfolio from the Master Production Schedule to Material Requirements and Capacity Requirements Plans in a batch production environment and will interface with most departments on the site. Consequently, the position requires a deep understanding of planning methodology and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A background in biotechnology and experience with SAP are preferred. APICS CPIM, or progress toward it, is highly desirable.
- Ensure planning parameters for safety stock, batch size and batch frequency are consisted with financials targets, emphasizing scrap deduction throughout the entire Bill of Material structure
- Construct a realistic and achievable Master Production Schedule to drive stable raw material replenishment and capacity requirements plan throughout all level of supply chain
- Continually review the MPS for improvement opportunities provided by changing product specifications
- Execute the MPS via SAP's Material Requirements Planning functionality.
- Coordinate on time production order execution in conjunction with work center supervisors and procurement
- Proactively manage the overall capacity plan for the plant by providing the proper workload balance between available resources and customer demand to ensure that primary manufacturing and production floor work centers are in a position to execute the production plan at a Class A Level
- Provide leadership in the optimal use of the SAP ERP across departments
- Mentor and train plant personnel in the proper interpretation of planning data
- participate in continuous improvement projects throughout the plant
- Special projects as assigned by management