Mount Prospect, United States
11 months ago
Division Description :
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This senior level position for an experienced controls technician familiar with computer networking and HVAC programming with experience and skills in Tridium N4 programming, commissioning, equipment startup, BACNet, and Integration.
Senior level position which coordinates manages implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed. Performs complex Tridium N4 System preparation and design coordination:
- Works with engineering group to create and/or verify Tridium N4 database;
- Creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various integrated systems (controls, lighting, elevator, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, etc);
- Creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics using Tridium N4 platform.
- Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence;
- backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure;
- troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations;
- Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed;
- Drives issues to resolution for Tridium N4 integration.
- Sets up and configures Tridium N4 Jaces, servers, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with Customer or contractor IT to coordinate startup services as needed;
- Coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs Tridium N4 reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others);
- Participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Tridium N4 Certified-required
- Tridium N4 Analytics Certified-preferred
- Associates degree in a technical field, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of the building automation industry (specifically Tridium N4) fundamentals and business operations; excellent contracting skills; an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Typically 5+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan