Performs general filing duties including sorting and filing materials, correspondence, records, business forms or other materials according to an alpha, numeric, date, subject or color-coded system. Has the ability to use basic office equipment including photocopy machines, facsimile machines, binding machines, etc. Proofreads documents, completes forms, and performs basic mail distribution activities. Produces lists, labels, forms or other documents. Counts documents, materials, etc, and groups into batches; tabulates batch totals. Reviews content of documents to determine correct filing. Checks manual files for duplicate, missing or misfiled items. Prepares filed materials for storage. Destroys documents according to guidelines. Sets up manual filing systems. Handles money and/or financial transactions. Has basic to intermediate computer skills. HM- Jose Cajanding (Do Not Contact)
Max Bill Rate increased to $30.00
See attached JD
Working hours: M-F 8:30am- 5pm
Dress code: business casual ( jeans - Fridays preferred make sure no ripped jeans, no tennis shoes, no flip flops)
* High School Diploma /GED
* Recent clerical experience required, (two years within the past five years).
* Knowledge of medical terminology required, or successful completion of medical terminology course within 90 days.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
* Ability to relate to the public in person and by phone.
* Demonstrated excellent attendance required.
* Working knowledge of computerized management systems required.
* Must be able to organize and prioritize assigned work routines.
* Must be flexible and able to work well with frequent interruptions.
* Knowledge of Medi-Cal, Medicare and other major medical insurance preferred.
* Skills Testing: Typing (45wpm)
This position is responsible for maintaining database and reporting systems, developing and maintaining record keeping and filing systems. In addition, this position schedules staff for patient visits, triages calls and incoming customers, reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy; inputs data into computerized data bases, maintains office equipment and other general clerical duties as assigned.
Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (KPs code of conduct) by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and KP policies and procedures.
In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.