Hamilton, United States
11 months ago
- Implements Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.* Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems).* Prepares and conducts negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings.* Generates, documents and implements savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.* Executes Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification).* Ensures a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement.* Provides supplier information to the project and conducts project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations). Category Procurement Team Management (medium) - Local / RegionalCategory Procurement Professional - Local / Regional:Positions focusing on identifying regional or global suppliers, markets or regions, for assigned group of commodities, semi-products, services portfolio, either directly or indirectly used in own product portfolio, in the various BU of Siemens (-? see "position list for supplement"). Identifying and analyzing internal customer needs, analyzing and discussing technical specifications, in cooperation with Sales Management responsible or together with technical Project Manager. Prepares negotiations and contracts. "Senior Professional"Positions which need senior professional expertise, with extensive functional, commercial and/or technical knowledge in an area of competence. They integrate analysis, development, testing and implementation. They interpret and functionally influence policy and guidelines in their area of business / technology, and develop processes and systems to deliver functional objectives. They typically plan own work according to targets agreed, within an quarterly up to an annual cycle, by integrating resources in a project driven environment. They provide functional advice and guidance to colleagues and customers. A chartered professional qualification or equivalent is typically associated with grades (though not necessary). 10+/- years Deep professional know-how and experience in one Sub Job Family. Masters domain. Transfers and applies know-how to / in various contexts. Solid professional judgment and problem solving competence. Improves existing processes and approaches.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing environment
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English.
- SAP knowledge
- Microsoft capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to access priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and blueprints.
- Experience with the purchase of machined parts preferred.