Tualatin, United States
almost 2 years ago
This position is for Mobility Management division Division Description:
The Mobility Division of AG is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and eco-friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe.
Mobility Turnkey Projects & Electrification (MO TPE) will provide turnkey solutions for rail and road transport and railway electrification solutions.
MO TPE mission is to make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, digitalize and integrate the rail and road transportation world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create is yours. Job Description:
The Strategic buyer ensures compliance/assurance to procurement buying standards through transformation of business purchase requisitions to purchase orders, emphasizing cost-efficient and on-time delivery of supply materials and/or services according to project demand. Also supports the development and executes supplier bid strategies; assisting project bid managers to win new business. This position is critical in driving Contribution to Net Income (CNI), E-procurement, and correct procurement practices. The Strategic buyer will work with various business units including: Business Unit Managers, Project Bid Managers, Project Managers, Commercial Project Managers, Engineers, Project Procurement Manager, Global Commodity Managers, and Suppliers.
This position reports to the Project Procurement Manager. Responsibilities
- Requisition through purchase orders fulfillment: process purchase requests (depending on thresholds); add necessary information (e.g. Commodity Code (ESN), INCOTERMS); material availability analysis; purchase order management incl. tracking; checking of content
- Supports Procurement strategies in projects on the basis of Division/BU-wide Procurement strategies and ensure their implementation, as well as, identify solution approaches and integrate diverse objectives to achieve the project targets
- Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date
- Analyzes very complex demand, markets and suppliers to create a basis for deciding on the optimum sourcing strategy
- Conducts price negotiations with C suppliers to guarantee security of supplies at the best pricing
- Undertakes supplier management to obtain the best suppliers and ensure an optimum supply chain
- Maintains intensive regular contact with very complex internal/external interface partners in order to recognize developments (market, demand, etc.) and exert the appropriate influence
- Employs effective concepts of risk and contract management to avoid risk and warranty costs
- Maintain and update supplier master data in coordination with Regional Procurement in Spiridon SAP ERP; archive documents according to local regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- This position is open to high potential candidates who are looking for full time employment with MO TPE.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of procurement to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within a project driven environment.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
BS/BA in related discipline, preferably Supply Chain Management, however Engineering, Project Management or Business is acceptable, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Direction of Others: Individual contributor role however provides subject matter expertise/specialized guidance or training to support procurement best practices
Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.