Orlando, United States
8 months ago
Position Overview - Procurement Intern
The Gas and Power EPC Solutions Procurement organization currently has two (2) intern positions available. The successful candidates will conduct a wide range of purchasing activities for Gas and Power EPC Solutions Procurement in support of the overall procurement team. These activities will include daily tasks, research, data analysis and digitalization activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare requests for quotation (RFQs) and obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Assist team with placement of purchase orders; resolution of order changes, invoice and delivery delays.
- Develop and present digital solutions to reduce manual reporting.
- Report procurement status to internal information users, such as project management, engineering, commercial management, bid management.
- Update project plans and purchasing systems.
- Perform certain supplier qualification activities, including Confidentiality Agreements, financial reviews of suppliers, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor degree
- Must have overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be available to work in the office a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and focus in a dynamic team environment
- Planning and organizational skills - consistent follow up on tasks is required to ensure open issues are resolved as quickly as possible
- Basic costs and price analysis knowledge
- Basic negotiation skills
- Demonstrate sound judgment with attention to detail and organization.
- Strong analytical skills to perform research
- Self starter; understand urgency of requests. Willingness to figure out what needs to be done and ask for help as needed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience Business/Finance Skills Mechanical/Electrical Design Experience IT Computer Skills 1-2 years of successful experience and demonstration of Key Responsibilities