Raleigh, United States
about 1 month ago
- Participates in semi-complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials.
- Create POs in SAP and follow-up and expedites as needed.
- Serves as liaison between vendors and Business Units.
- Obtain prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits for multiple business units within Siemens Energy.
- Participates in the negotiation of prices, terms and quality requirements; requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources as support to Commodity Managers.
- Monitoring negotiations, supplier changes and design to cost activities against budgeted plan.
- REACH and RoHS confirmation for all material, as needed.
- Ensure a smooth transition of suppliers/purchased material to customer site.
- Significant role in identifying supplier transfer opportunities and then leading/participating in quoting, negotiating and getting internal approvals for the transfer.
- Support recurring supplier issues, supplier transfer projects and other significant procurement projects and opportunities.
- Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
- Participate in Strategic Procurement activities as required.
- Concise, regular reporting of activities in our standard formats, as required.
- Solicits cost reduction ideas from suppliers and initiates follow up action to implement these savings for the company.
- Assists as back-up for other Procurement Personnel within team.
- Accomplished in implementing practical procedures or systems which are moderately complex, and/or specialized skills which require some technical knowledge to apply.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve difficult issues through implementation.
- Proven leadership and take charge capabilities.
- Ability to understand and influence a variety of people.
- Expertise within SAP across multiple roles e.g., Buying, Supplier Qualification, Sourcing etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Power Point) a plus.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in area of Procurement responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact across multiple departments and levels of management.
- Prior involvement/knowledge of project management.