Senior Financial Analyst
This position will be responsible for required reporting to the Department of Insurance (DOI) for one Kaiser Foundation Health Plan region outside California (ROC). The DOI filings are based on statements of statutory accounting principles as issued by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. This position will assist in ensuring that DOI filings are accurate and delivered within scope and schedule as well as updating accounting policies timely.
- Manage and coordinate the completion of required quarterly and annual statutory DOI filings, including all supplementation schedules for one ROC.
- Coordinate the completion of the audited annual statutory financial statements with external auditors. Also coordinate DOI audits as necessary.
- Provide support for special projects as necessary and directed by Executive Director - Technical Accounting.
- Execute continuous improvement and daily operations managing within department budget.
- Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts' variance analysis process as defined.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. -Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
Experience - Minimum five (5) years of financial analysis or related experience.
Education - Bachelor's degree in finance related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Broad application of financial analysis principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems. - Complete understanding and application of financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards. - Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Requires expert knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and advanced knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Demonstrated ability work with multiple departments through influence and collaboration, with effective communication, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, propose solution and highlight any findings
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Health care and/or statutory (insurance) accounting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of health plan requirements (federal, state, and local legislation and regulations and accreditation standards).
- Experience with statutory reporting, including filing software (eFreedom).
- Big 4 or public accounting experience, CPA and knowledge of GAAP.
- Significant compliance orientation with demonstrated expertise in internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Knowledge and experience with major financial software systems.
- Experience with project management and change management.
- Demonstrated excellence in written / verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Day One Conversion