Sr. Financial Analyst- Please see attached full job description.
familiarity with the P&L/financial statements.
Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management. May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data. Supports budget development, budget loads, detail analysis of the GL system, and collaboration with team members. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion and data validation.
* Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
* Initiates investigation of budget variances, cost trends and utilization patterns and performs analysis.
* Coordinates budget monitoring process as defined by supervisor.
* Ensures budget forecasting and financial planning and analysis are conducted in accordance with Administrative objectives.
* Designs analytical reports and prepares complex financial trend and data analysis reports
* Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
* May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
* Performs special projects/studies of moderate to complex scope as directed.
* Develops work plans independently.
* Completes structured projects with targeted analytical outcomes, defined clients and project teams.
* Works autonomously and collaboratively with project teams and clients identifying operational impact of analytical findings.
* Manages projects of moderate to complex scope with general supervision.
* Conducts ongoing user education and provides management consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies and source data and systems.
* May develop spreadsheet and database analyses for presentation and analysis of financial reports.
* Coordinates and interacts with any of the following: Finance Team, Admin, Dept. Administrators & Chiefs in providing analytical assistance within defined parameters.
* May prepare and/or give presentations.
* Monitors compliance with policies and procedures related to financial management and budget systems and related automated systems.
* Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
* Complexity: Works under limited guidance; accountable to complete work assignments.
* Span of Control: May provide functional direction to junior finance staff.
* Developed knowledge of finance theories such as financial statement analysis and accounting principles.
* Able to formulate ad-hoc analysis from scratch and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft based word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Excel), including functions such as graphics, pivot tables, vlookups, conditional statements.
* Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum three (3) years related experience (with bachelor's degree in finance related field).
* Minimum two (2) years related experience (with master's degree). (No Value)