HM- Romoanetia Lofton
Job Title: Staffing Department Manager
Provides administrative support in a staff capacity to a diverse functional area or business group by directing such activities as budget planning and control, personnel administration, training, communications and workflow procedures. Identifies, coordinates and implements numerous projects/programs to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of operations and service. Provides support and advice to management. Resolves complex problems, many of which do not have easily definable solutions.
* Ensures compliance with organization policies/procedures and regulatory agencies; effective utilization of personnel, materials, space and equipment; and effective customer service. Recommends and implements internal policies and procedures. Interprets and applies company policies/procedures.
* Manages the budget to meet the fiscal goals for capital, payroll and non-payroll expenses; performs financial and staffing analysis. Coordinates reconciliation of accounts and budget reporting requirements. Advises management of serious variances; recommends and implements solutions. May include managing complex transfer pricing agreements.
* Supervises multiple ancillary functions, such as secretarial support, systems development, communications and training. In addition, provides human resources support to the entire functional area, including managing the hiring, salary determination and performance evaluation processes.
* Directs the units participation in diversity employment programs. May compile statistics and produce reports (EEO/AA) for human resources and management.
* Facilitates/administers training and educational programs, such as professional development, systems training and train-the-trainer programs. May conduct training sessions.
* Identifies service and operational problems and issues; provides project management support to identify, research, develop and implement solutions.
* Edits/produces any organizational unit communications, such as newsletters and directories. Represents the organizational unit on administrative matters. Establishes partnerships with other functional areas and/or regions. Provides consultation to project teams working on region-wide and/or inter-regional projects.
* Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
* Master's degree preferred
Travel: managers travel to Richmond location as well Basic Qualifications: * Minimum five (5) years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary staff of professionals, technical and non-exempt employees.
Additional Requirements: * May require minimum three (3) years of experience in functional area. * Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities in managing a wide-range of projects * Team player, tactful and diplomatic. * Demonstrated interpersonal skills. * Basic user knowledge of computer systems/MS Office applications. * Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Experience developing education and training programs. * Experience with budget management/ development.
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
* Strong operational experience
* Inpatient department scheduling/ position control
* Microsoft Excel
* Previous Kaiser Experience
* Familiarity w/ Centricity Staffing application
* Previous experience in union environment
Dress Code: Business casual
Parking Fee- $18 daily fee