Need to know programming in SAS and the SAS Macro language in Unix/Window/Mainframe environment; SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Solution design and development of reports; Knowledge in Enterprise Guide, Data Integration Studio and, metadata security; Proficiency in SQL and Oracle/DB2 databases, analytical skills and technical knowledge required in one or more higher level programming languages. SAS Developer.
* Minimum four (4) years programming in SAS, R, SQL, Python or equivalent required.
* Minimum two (2) years programming in SAS required.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required.
* Broad familiarity with Health Care preferred.
* Microsoft Office skills and Relational Data Base concepts required.
* Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
* Must be an independent self-starter.
* Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
* General application of concepts, techniques and standards in general business analysis, as well as IT principles and practices.
* Analysis/documentation of processes, methods, solutions, etc.
* Interpretive - translates business processes and requirements into system specifications.
* Experience with SQL, macros, AF, and SASGRAPH, PROC Report and statistical procedures in SAS required.
* Experience with SAS on UNIX required.
* Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Data Integration Studio, PC SAS, SAS Studio, SQL Developer required.
SAS Developer Job Description:
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data.
Our ideal candidate has ability to read and understand requirement documents, has hands-on development experience involving SAS coding, Excel, SQL, and various Databases, and preferably has their SAS certification as Base programmer.
* Requirements definition and analysis: collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications.
* Project planning and execution: participates in project management process, including participating in project meetings. May document issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings. Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations. Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards.
* Business User/Owner Application Support: Provides 2nd and 3rd tier application support for assigned application(s). Monitors production batch and ad hoc jobs as required to ensure proper functioning and completion of business operations. Researches and resolves technical and functional issues according to defined prioritization/severity scheme.
* Business and Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement; makes associated recommendations as appropriate.
* Builds and maintains SAS routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others
* Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs.
* Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases
* Participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing action plans accordingly.
* Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
* Develops creative alternative solutions.
* Works closely with IT and outside partners (and physicians for SCPMG departments).
* May coordinate team/project activities and schedules.