Houston, United States
about 1 month ago
Position will specifically be in the area of spare parts. The Spare Parts team takes orders from customers for all of the Gas Chromatograph and Continuous Gas Analyzer Spare Parts. Orders/PO's are received in various ways; i.e. by email, fax, phone, etc. A quick turnaround time is required in this position. PO's received are to be entered in SAP system within 24 hours of receipt of PO. The Spare Parts team is also responsible for providing price quotes to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities: Candidate will support the entire sales order cycle for incoming PO's received for Gas Chromatograph Spare Parts. In general, the details of this role include but are not limited :
- Checking availability of spare parts and working with Master Scheduler to ensure parts are available
- Answering Customer questions and complaints
- Guiding customers to ensure they are getting the right parts
- Answer incoming calls from 1-800 customer line
- Process return requests and ensure the return requests meet a 5 day turnaround
- Answer incoming group email requests that come from internal and external customers
- Review for completeness on all incoming PO's
- Price Quoting
Currently, due to increase order volumes, as well as activities related to the transition of operations from Bartlesville to Houston plant, the order management team is faced with additional activities which this contract position would assist with. Activities include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring orders to ensure shipments are pushed out where there is inventory on hand.
- Significant amounts of master data, sales order and shipment clean up from Bartlesville to Houston plant.
- Support increased customer status inquiries, due to material shortages.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education (High School Graduate preferable with Associates degree)
- Industry/business acumen (3-5 years)
- Work experience (5 years)
- SAP a plus (especially around Sales Order processing), EDI experience a plus but not required
- Microsoft office