Columbia, United States
8 months ago
For this position, candidates should be open to either of the following work schedules:
- 8AM - 5PM shift; 5-day workweek with Saturday and Sunday off
- 4 day/10-hour shift; either 7AM-6PM or 8AM-7PM; includes Saturday and Sunday off plus one day midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) off.
- Objective of the position is to obtain missing invoice data from utility providers by accessing information on-line and/or contacting providers via telephone, fax or email.
- Be able to negotiate the waiver of fees and/or obtain due date extensions as needed.
- Must have good cognitive skills to determine invoices to be obtained by evaluating key data points.
- Update operating systems with actions performed and relevant data.
- Communicate to internal and external parties in a clear and detailed manner.
- Retrieve, open, scan, and file mail invoice and non-invoice documents.
- Perform activities at or below Target Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in the re-evaluation of current processes and offer suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of each process.
Candidates should have or be:
- Prepared to be on the phone contacting providers for much of the working day
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate
- Ability to research and navigate websites and internal systems
- Reliable and able to multitask
- Microsoft office skills are required; excel skills are a plus (scoring to be provided along with resume)