Columbia, United States
5 months ago
For this position, candidates should be open to a 4 day/10 hour shift; 7AM-6PM or 8AM-7PM, with the day off in middle of week. Position requires up to 8 hours daily of non-optional phone work. All candidates submitted are required to have excel scoring for consideration.
The Data Services department has an entry level position open within the Document Management Team. The candidate would work closely with team members and utility providers to ensure timely receipt of customer utility invoices. The selected candidate would work to negotiate extensions and penalty avoidance and waivers as necessary. This position spends a large percentage of time on outbound phone calls, inbound and outbound emails, as well as vendor website invoice retrievals.
- Contact utility providers nationwide to obtain missing invoices and negotiate penalty assessments.
- Work with the Client Service team to resolve customer issues.
- Assist senior members of the team with the research/resolution of exceptional issues.
- Maintain updated vendor information in the database.
- Collect mail from the Post Office and on-site mailboxes.
- Sort and Extract Invoices and Non-Invoices
- Complete Aging and Duplicate Checks for all paper received invoices.
- Scan live and historical invoices to appropriate Data Capture Team.
- Ensure electronically received invoices via email are submitted to the appropriate Data Capture Team.
- File office documents including provider invoices, exception notices, and account histories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in the re-evaluation of current processes and offer suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of each process.
- Assist in maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and process flows for activities.
- Meet department Key Performance Indicators by completing tasks within set parameters.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to effectively multi-task
- Very strong organizational skills
- Able to negotiate with vendors
- Research and problem solving
- Proficient in Excel