Mount Olive, United States
about 1 year ago
Description Supports the planning of detailed product development objectives. Participates in the preparation and implementation of supply chain and manufacturing activities related to new product development.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Biomedical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an Accredited University.
Required Experience 1 - 3 years related experience in a Medical Device Development or Manufacturing Environment. OR Experience in a Semiconductor or Automotive or Aerospace Industry.
Required Specific Experience
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fabrication processes (machining, sheetmetal, molding, castings, etc).
- Able to determine acceptable tolerance levels for various fabrication process.
- Experience with design for manufacturability (DFM) and Lean Principles
- Experience in design and manufacturing in a new product development environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing assembly fixtures.
- Experience interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory functions.
- Experienced with performing supplier design reviews to establish best design and fabrication process.
- Working knowledge of SAP/TeamCenter/Unigraphics or equivalent.
- Work with R&D to develop quality designs that are manufacturable, testable, lowest cost and able to be global sourced over the life of the design.
- Participate in R&D design reviews to ensure designs are quality, manufacturable, testable and lowest cost.
- Coordinate supplier interface and participation during design & layout reviews for
- Review design documents for compliance to design standards.
- Work with R&D to minimize the use of special material, components, hardware and processes except where required by functionality and availability of alternative choices.
- Complete all work required for design changes per the applicable design change process.
- Review Component, Assembly drawings and Bills of Material, and other design documents looking for design completeness, design quality, component commonality with other designs, minimum or no high tolerance components and minimize the use of single source and high cost components.
- Review design documents for compliance to design standards
- Work with R&D to update and develop design standards based on manufacturing standards.
- Work with R&D and the Tester Development Team to implement test equipment both internally and externally.
- Work with Supplier Operations to establishing supply chain strategies and their implementation.
- Work with Supplier Operations and Commodity managers to select supplier and place
- Candidate must have proper travel documentation to be able to move freely between the US, Mexico and the EU to support prototype builds at various contractor manufacturers.
- Travel will be in 2-week blocks.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English for presentation to Senior Engineers and Management.
- Candidate must be able to write clearly in English for e-mail communications to peers, senior engineers, and suppliers.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly to conduct meeting with suppliers.
- Spanish or French or German language communication skills are helpful but not required.